My favorite vegan zucchini muffins.
My community garden is in full production and every other day or so I can harvest 3-4 good sized zucchinis. I use them in stirfries and Thai curries and give them away of course to friends and colleagues. But sometimes, I fancy a sweet treat like these zucchini muffins. They are made without added oils and only take 10 minutes prep work before that go into the oven. Guess what my colleagues will be eating tomorrow…..
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 ripe banana, mashed with fork
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
1 packed cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Add liners to muffin pan (I use silicone liners that my Mom bought for me in the Netherlands)
3) Mix all dry ingredient in a large bowl. Set aside.
4) Mix all wet ingredients in medium bowl.
5) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and incorporate without overmixing.
6) Squeeze out liquid from zucchini. Just by hand, there is no need to get every drop out. I do this by squeezing the zucchini in the measuring cup and it works like a charm.
7) Add to dough mixture together with chopped walnuts and raisins. Fold in gently.
8) Evenly distribute dough over liners.
9) Bake for 25 minutes in 350F oven.
10) Let muffins completely cool before eating.
Happy vegan cooking and eating!